I know that a lot of older sisters find they have a little more free time than they used to. I have
compiled a short list of some activities you could participate in.
- Teach younger sisters household skills, cooking, quilting, sewing, crocheting, etc.
- Take a class in your community to learn a new skill. Our local library and local schools host classes
on senior fitness, computers, organic gardening, crocheting, and more. Call your library or school district for details.
- A lot of colleges will allow those of a certain age to attend college courses at no cost.
- Take a BYU Independent Study course
- Take a fitness class. Many hospitals offer classes for those over 50.
- Start a small business. ebay.com and etsy.com offer places you can sell your arts, crafts, and other
items for a small fee.
- Do genealogy and temple work more often
- Volunteer at church, a hospital, animal shelter, library. Find a place that suits your interest.
- Drive an older sister who can't drive to do her errands.
- Use your talents to bless those on a fixed income. Sew clothing, cut a families' hair, knit hats for
- Serve a mission
- Plan vacations to places you've always wanted to see
- Read your scriptures more
- Write a book, poetry, or articles for magazines or newspapers
- Take up a new hobby you always wanted to try, like painting